Updated 26 December 2023
We may collect Personal Information, including the following information, for the purposes of your enquiry or booking, or improving a YLG website and email and marketing communications:
We are committed to ensuring that Personal Information is secure. In order to prevent misuse or loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of Personal Information, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we collect.
- (b) YLG may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
- (c) We do not store financial or Personal Information while processing your payment, nor do we share this information with third parties.
WHAT WE COLLECT
- (a) your name;
- (b) your contact information including email address, phone and mobile number and address;
- (c) demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests; and
- (d) other information relevant to customer surveys, forms, and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
- (a) We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, for purposes required or permitted by law, and in particular for the following reasons:
- (i) the purposes of your enquiry or booking;
- (ii) accounting;
- (iii) billing and auditing;
- (iv) credit and other payment card verification;
- (v) administration and legal purposes;
- (vi) insurance;
- (vii) market research;
- (viii) systems testing, maintenance and development;
- (ix) customer relations;
- (x) internal record keeping;
- (xi) to improve our products and services, including customising our website and services according to your interests and preferences; and
- (xii) sending weekly email newsletters about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time. If you wish to start receiving email communications from us please enter your email address.
- (b) From time to time, we may also use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional information about third parties. We may contact you by email, phone or mail for these purposes, and you consent to us doing so until such time as you notify us otherwise. If you do not consent to us using your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you can opt-out using any unsubscribe facility we provide or contact us using the contact details in section 7(b) below.
- (c) We may disclose your Personal Information to Travel Providers, government authorities, our service providers such as professional advisors, mailing houses and IT service providers, where otherwise relevant to your booking or enquiry, or as required or permitted by law. Many of these recipients will be overseas.
- (a) A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- (b) We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being viewed. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- (c) Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- (d) You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- (a) We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties (except for the purposes of your enquiry or booking) unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- (b) If you require access to your Personal Information or believe that any Personal Information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or you have any complaints in relation to our handling of your Personal Information, please contact us using the following details: Office Manager, Yankee Leisure Group Pty Ltd., 82 Elizabeth Street, Level 7, Suite 1, Sydney NSW 2000 or by email at [email protected], or call us at 1300 938 534.
- (c) We will promptly provide or correct any Personal Information you request or notify us to be incorrect. We may refuse to provide or correct information in certain circumstances where required or permitted by law.
- (d) If you make a complaint, we will endeavour to respond to it as soon as possible. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you have the right to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by phoning 1300 363 992 or by email at [email protected].